Oh the Places You'll Go... with the Cat in Tow!
The Dr. Seuss license plate celebrates the legacy of Springfield, Massachusetts, native Ted Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss, who revolutionized learning to read by making it FUN! Geisel’s most famous character, the beloved Cat in the Hat, with his red-striped hat and mischievous smile, reminds all that wisdom walks hand-in-hand with wit. As Dr. Seuss wrote: “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Do your part to encourage curiosity and nurture a love of learning. By purchasing a Dr. Seuss plate, you help support an institution devoted to enhancing the lives of all who visit.
Questions? Call 413-314-6458, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Fill out the information requested on the electronic or printed form linked above.
2. Completed applications must include a $40 payment for the special plate fee. Major credit card accepted. Make checks payable to MassDOT. (Checks will remain valid for one year and will not be cashed until 750 pre-orders have been received).
3. Manufacturing of the plates will begin when 750 pre-orders are collected. Once the plates are in production, the special plate fee is non-refundable. It will take approximately 6 to 8 months to manufacture the plates and ship them to the branches.
4. Do NOT send applications and payments to the RMV. Send application and payment to:
21 Edwards Street
Springfield, MA 01103
5. You will be notified by mail when your plates have been shipped to the Registry of Motor Vehicles branch of your choice. Bring your registration and current plates (if applicable) to the branch at that time. (Note: There is a $20 plate swap fee plus any applicable registrations fees due at the time of plate pick-up. These fees will depend on your current plate number and expiration year. For instance, your current plate may expire in August of 2018. If your new plate expires in January of 2019, the registration system will charge you an additional amount for the extra time you receive on your registration.)
6. If you are putting your plate on a newly acquired vehicle, you must pay applicable sales tax, title and registration fees at the time of registration.
7. Registrations must be renewed every two years.
8. These special plates are available to Massachusetts residents using one of the forms linked above only. License plates will use randomly assigned numbers only.
@SpfldMuseumsLAUNCHING OCTOBER 2020!! Beginning next month, virtual members will have access to monthly digital engagement, edu… https://t.co/bY2MFXNjfj
@SpfldMuseumsTHURSDAY! Museums à la Carte lecture in a new, online format! $2 for Members and $4 for nonmembers; help fund ongoi… https://t.co/1ARM7GPkHG