Since their founding in 1857, the Springfield Museums have been a source of culture, education, and inspiration for the region and beyond. Located in the heart of downtown Springfield, Massachusetts, the Museums offer access to five world-class museums and the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden all under a single admission. There is truly something for everyone at the Springfield Museums.
- The Springfield Science Museum is a premier STEM and STEAM informal learning center, with the Smithsonian Spark!Lab hands-on invention space along with the Seymour Planetarium and soon to open International Space Station exhibit. The Science Museum also has a live animal center and dinosaur hall.
- The Michele and Donald D’Amour Museum of Fine Arts features works by Winslow Homer, Georgia O’Keeffe, Claude Monet, plus world-renowned print collections from Japan and by Currier & Ives.
- The Lyman and Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History showcases immersive, hands-on traveling exhibits as well as permanent exhibits highlighting the entrepreneurial spirit of the region as seen through manufacturing.
- The George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum is a Victorian-era single collector museum filled with paintings, Asian decorative art and armor, and remarkable Islamic art. Smith's belief in the power of beauty and diversity makes this collection ever relevant.
- The Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden honors Springfield native Theodor Geisel and the beloved characters he brought to life in his books.
- The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum is an immersive, hands-on/minds-on celebration of Theodor Geisel, who was born and raised in Springfield. In addition to interactive exhibits on the ground floor, the second floor includes a recreation of Dr. Seuss's art studio, and the lower-level is a maker-space called The Cat's Corner.
The Springfield Museums also offer weekly lectures, docent tours, museum courses and trips, plus special events. For kids and families, there are fun activities every weekend, art and science courses, plus family performances and live-animal demonstrations.
Check our website for information on traveling exhibits from around the world, plus special events like our Dr. Seuss Birthday Celebration and school vacation programs. All this, plus the Museum Store and Blake House Café!
@SpfldMuseumsFree masks for visitors of The Body Adorned, opening today. One mask per visitor while supplies last. #atthemuseums… https://t.co/cITqXKzCXR
@SpfldMuseumsFree masks for visitors of The Body Adorned, opening Saturday, Dec 4. One mask per visitor while supplies last.… https://t.co/u8donINeNm